Thursday, May 20, 2004

the worst thing about showering

so had a completely lazy day yesterday, arsing about, fending off little boys trying to sell me postcards, and doing a little shopping. bought myself 2 anklets from a little shop. it had never occured to me to have more than one, but the women here usually have one for each ankle (sometimes 2) and i think it looks really cool. so now i look really cool. (or let's say cooler, i'm already pretty cool ;P )

had a bit of a fright yesterday afternoon. was sitting on the balony at the guesthouse reading and all of the sudden 3 monkeys scampered along the rail of the balcony. BIG monkeys. and i was reminded of the (little) monkey in mumbai that bit that kid on the leg, so i went inside my room and shut the door. the owners of the guesthouse got out their little air rifles and shot at them.

i've taken to showering in the evening. mostly because of the amount of filth you pick up on a daily basis here. but lately i've been dreading my daily shower. no, i'm not giving in to my hippie tendencies, it's the blisters. the creepiest, crawliest feeling i have ever felt is the huge pockets created by the dead skin on my legs filling up with water. blech. and then trying to get it out and only spreading it into other pockets of skin. gag.

so i think i have booked a train ticket through my guesthouse... they told me someone would bring the ticket last night. but the 2 times i went to see, there was no ticket. i went to check on my way here and they were busy, so i just left it. it's probably not even there yet. but anyhow, i'll hopefully be taking (another) overnight train to mysore, city of silk and sandalwood, on saturday, arriving on sunday morning - my birthday. my plan is to buy myself a nice sari for my birthday. man, i'm good to me. :)

was going to see the ruins here today, but i couldn't find the tour man last night and the tourist office is closed today. so maybe tomorrow. anyhow.

No comments: